Hyderabad Central University Contract Workers’ Union along with permanent workers and students took out a Rally extending solidarity to the nationwide call given for ALL INDIA STRIKE on 2nd September, 2016.
The Rally was followed by Public Meeting where worker representatives presented their demands, workers and students sang songs of struggle and resistance and, student representatives extended solidarity to workers’ struggle for their rights.
Hyderabad Central University Contract Workers’ Union gave a representation to University administration with the following demands:
1. The amount deducted for EPF and ESI is not recorded in the Salary account book. We appeal to the University authorities to print the deducted amount in the pay slip given to workers.
2. Many of the workers did not get their EPF money under the tenure of contractor Prabhakar Reddy. We appeal to you to look into this matter and deposit money in workers’ accounts at the earliest.
3. Dusshera festival bonus should be given to workers.
4. We appeal to you to provide workers with paid leaves (holidays).
5. Pay scale should be upgraded as per the guidelines of the new pay commission.
6. University should take the responsibility of sanitation workers by eliminating contract system.
Dignity of labour and laboureres!
Workers-students’ Unity, Zindabad!